1. Introduction. Please read this page carefully. It contains the terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) governing your access to and use of the PolymerOhio Job Board and the Services (as each are defined below) provided by PolymerOhio, Inc. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the PolymerOhio Job Board or Services. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of January 1, 2017.
2. Binding Agreement. These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time by PolymerOhio) serve as a binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and PolymerOhio. Your access to or use of the PolymerOhio Job Board or Services indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. You are agreeing to use the Site at your own risk.
3. Certain Definitions. The following definitions apply to this Agreement:
3.1 “PolymerOhio Materials” includes any materials, methodologies, implementation plans or other intellectual property used during the provision of Services.
3.2 “PolymerOhio Job Board” or “Site” means this web site under PolymerOhio’s control, and includes this Site’s Content, PolymerOhio Materials and Services (as applicable in each context).
3.3 “Content” means PolymerOhio’s web pages, web forms, programming (including software code used on the Site and in the Services, including (i) tools, kits, and object libraries, (ii) all third-party or open source code embedded therein, and (iii) any upgrades, updates, releases, fixes, enhancements or modifications to the foregoing), graphics, images, design (color combinations and page layout), text, information, data, resumes stored in our databases operated and licensed by PolymerOhio, data submitted via the Site by Users and other content made available through the Site by PolymerOhio.
3.4 “Document” refers to any posting to the Site, whether job or resume.
3.5 “Employer” means a person or entity that is accessing the Site to post a job or utilizing the Services for any reason related to the purpose of seeking candidates for employment.
3.6 “Employer Materials” includes any brochures, emails, sample job postings, web site content, career fair material, audio, videos, photographs, logos, trademarks, service marks, domain names, documents or other materials provided by Employer, if any, for use in connection with the Services.
3.7 “Job Seeker” means a User who is accessing the Site to search for a job or in any other capacity except as an Employer.
3.8 “Services” means any services provided by PolymerOhio or its agents described herein.
3.9 “User” refers to any individual or entity that uses any aspect of the Site.
3.10 “You” or “you” means the person who (or the entity on behalf of whom you are acting) that is agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Intellectual Property Rights and Acceptable Use of the Site and Services.
4.1 General Use Rules. The Site is intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers or recruiters seeking candidates for employment. You may use the Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of PolymerOhio’s intended and acceptable use of the Site. PolymerOhio is the sole interpreter of the Site’ intended and acceptable use.
4.2 PolymerOhio Intellectual Property Rights. The Site, the PolymerOhio Materials and all right, title and interest in and to the Site and PolymerOhio Materials are the sole property of PolymerOhio or its licensors, and are protected by United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions, PolymerOhio reserves for itself and its licensors all other rights, title and interest. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content or PolymerOhio Materials, or use them in any other way for public or commercial purpose. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this prohibition includes: (a) copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site; (b) using or attempting to use engines, manual or automated software, tools, devices, agents, scripts, robots or other means, devices, mechanisms or processes (including, but not limited to, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, search, access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any web pages or any Services provided on the Site other than the search engine and search agents available from PolymerOhio on the Site and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari); and (c) aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the Content or information available from the PolymerOhio Site, without the express written consent of PolymerOhio. The use of the Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The PolymerOhio Materials are not considered to be works for hire and you may duplicate such PolymerOhio Materials only for the purposes outlined in the Service Activation Agreement. “PolymerOhio,” the PolymerOhio design logo and certain other names or logos are service marks or trademarks of PolymerOhio, and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the service marks or trademarks of PolymerOhio. In addition, the “look” and “feel” of the Site (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by PolymerOhio’s trademarks, service marks and copyrights. Any code that PolymerOhio creates to generate or display the Content or the pages making up the Site is also protected by PolymerOhio’s copyright. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained on the Content or PolymerOhio Materials on any authorized copy you make of the Content or PolymerOhio Materials. All other product and service marks contained on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
4.3 License to Use by Users who are Job Seekers. PolymerOhio hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Your use of the Site is a privilege. PolymerOhio reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, in its sole discretion.
4.4 License to Use by Users who are Employers. PolymerOhio hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your internal business use seeking candidates for employment. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal use directly related to searching for and recruiting job prospects. PolymerOhio also grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license to use the PolymerOhio Materials and Services for your internal use only. You may not sell, transfer or assign any of the Services or your rights to any of the Services provided by PolymerOhio to any third party without the express written authorization of PolymerOhio. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. PolymerOhio reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if PolymerOhio determines that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
4.5 Employer Materials. Employer represents, warrants and covenants that any Employer Materials provided by Employer for use in connection with the Services will not violate any laws or regulations or third-party proprietary rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, obscenity, rights of publicity or privacy, and defamation laws. Employer hereby grants PolymerOhio a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use the Employer Materials and to hyperlink to Employer’s website in connection with the Services.
4.6 Use of Aggregate Data. You understand and agree that PolymerOhio owns and has the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze Aggregate Data. PolymerOhio may use such Aggregate Data for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated and anonymized form so that it cannot be identifiable as relating to you, your Company or to any other Job Seekers. “Aggregate Data” means de-identified aggregated data or information regarding Job Seekers’ educational or career history (including, by way of example and not limitation, aggregate data relating to Job Seekers’ occupation, location, salary, education and experience).
4.7 Other Specific Rules Regarding Site Usage. You represent, warrant and agree that you (a) are at least 13 years of age or older, and if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, you will only use the Site and Services under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult; and (b) will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Site for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Site complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
5. Third Party Providers. You acknowledge and agree that PolymerOhio may provide the Services using third party providers, including subcontractors and consultants (the “Third Party Providers”). You agree that, as between PolymerOhio and its Third Party Providers, PolymerOhio will have sole responsibility for handling all billing and contract negotiations.
6. Disclaimers and Limitations on PolymerOhio’s Liability.
6.1 Allocation of Responsibility. PolymerOhio assumes no responsibility for Documents posted by Users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions or other conduct of Users. PolymerOhio acts as a portal for the online distribution and publication of User submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring Documents posted by Users. If notified by a User of a Document which allegedly does not conform to these Terms and Conditions, PolymerOhio may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Document. PolymerOhio has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. PolymerOhio may take any action with respect to User submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate, in its sole discretion.
6.2 No endorsements by PolymerOhio. Nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any User or third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.
6.3 WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS.
(a) THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. POLYMEROHIO, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. POLYMEROHIO MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE.
(b) WITHOUT LIMITATION ON THE FOREGOING:
(i) POLYMEROHIO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND THEIR SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE RESULTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, POLYMEROHIO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
(ii) PolymerOhio makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, LEGALITY, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any Documents posted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by Users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on Documents posted by Users, or on any other form of communication with Users, will be at your own risk.
(iii) PolymerOhio makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Site, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
(iv) POLYMEROHIO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICES OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICES IN MEETING YOUR EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES. POLYMEROHIO DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATES BEING HIRED, POSITIONS BEING FILLED OR EMPLOYEES BEING RETAINED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS, EMPLOYMENT, HIRING AND/OR SALARY DECISIONS, FOR WHATEVER REASON MADE, MADE BY YOU.
6.4 DAMAGE LIMITATIONS, ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY AND EQUITABLE RELIEF.
(a) YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND THE DOCUMENTS OR EMPLOYER MATERIALS THAT YOU POST, PROVIDE OR ACCESS AND FOR YOUR CONDUCT ON AND OFF THE SITE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL POLYMEROHIO (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY NON-DIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICES OR THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITE AND/OR ANY DOCUMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT POLYMEROHIO IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(c) BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN POLYMEROHIO’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $200.00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
(d) IN NO EVENT SHALL POLYMEROHIO (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF US$200.00 (OR, IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER WITH A SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH POLYMEROHIO, THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO POLYMEROHIO UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF GREATER THAN US$200.00).
(e) Due to the nature of this Agreement, in addition to money damages, you agree that PolymerOhio will be entitled to equitable relief upon a breach of this agreement by you.
6.5 User Authentication. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, PolymerOhio cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because PolymerOhio does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Site, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release PolymerOhio from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
6.6 California Residents. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
7. Payment of Services upon Termination of Service Activation Agreement. If at any time during the course of this Agreement you should terminate a Service Activation Agreement or any other services Agreement in which these Terms and Conditions have been incorporated by reference, then PolymerOhio shall reserve the right to receive all payments from you for the Services used by you up to termination and for fifty percent (50%) of the remaining unused portion of the Service Agreement.
8. Links to Other Site. PolymerOhio contains links to third party web Site. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by PolymerOhio of the contents on such third-party web Site. PolymerOhio is not responsible for the content of linked third-party Site and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web Site. If you decide to access linked third-party web Site, you do so at your own risk.
9. Amendments to this Agreement and Changes to Site. PolymerOhio may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Changes will be binding on you on the date they are posted on the Site (or as otherwise stated in any notice of such changes). Any use of the Site will be considered acceptance by you of the then-current Terms and Conditions (including any exhibits thereto) contained on the Site. If at any time you find the Terms and Conditions unacceptable, you may not use the applicable Site any longer. Any new or different terms supplied by you are specifically rejected by PolymerOhio unless PolymerOhio agrees to them in a signed writing specifically including those new or different terms. PolymerOhio may change the Site at any time.
10. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless PolymerOhio (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Site, any Document posted by you, your use of the Services or your breach of this Agreement. PolymerOhio shall use reasonable efforts to provide to you prompt notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and may assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
11.1 Registration. When you register on the PolymerOhio Site or in connection with the Services, you will be asked to create an account and provide PolymerOhio with certain information, including but not limited to, a valid email address (“User Information”). You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership rights in your account.
12. Questions and Notices. Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to Feedback. Notices to PolymerOhio should be sent to the address listed on the Site. We will send notice to you at the address submitted by you or to such other address as PolymerOhio reasonably determines is an appropriate address for you.
13. General. PolymerOhio contact information is listed on the Site. PolymerOhio makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Site. If you access PolymerOhio from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Ohio, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this Agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts in the State of Ohio. The sole relationship between you and PolymerOhio is that of independent contractors. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining parts and provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. All provisions of this Agreement shall survive termination except those granting access or use to the Site, and you shall cease all your use and access thereof immediately. You may not assign or transfer your obligations under this Agreement. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided by PolymerOhio in a particular “Legal Notice,” or material on particular web pages of the Site, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and PolymerOhio.
14. Rules regarding Posting, Conduct and Security.
The following rules apply to your use of the Site and/or the Services. The list of rules is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all posting, conduct and security rules.
14.1 Posting Rules:
(a) You may not post any Document to the Site that contains: (i) URLs or links to web Site other than to recruitment related pages on your company web site; (ii) copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner’s permission to post the copyrighted material); (iii) trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner’s permission to post them); (iv) material that infringes on or misappropriates any other intellectual property rights, or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others; (v) irrelevant keywords or white text keywords (including any words embedded in the Document and hidden from the User); (vi) anything that is discriminatory, sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or (vii) anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.
(b) You may not use a Document(s) to: (i) impersonate another person, living or dead; (ii) post false, inaccurate or misleading information, opinions or notices (commercial or otherwise) or chain letters; (iii) post advertisements, or solicitations of business (including, but not limited to, email processors, any pyramid scheme or “club membership”).
(c) Your Document(s) must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the User the nature and requirements of the job opportunity, or, in the case of Users seeking employment, your qualifications as a candidate for employment. Documents that encourage the User to “email for more details” are not permitted.
(d) Job postings must describe individual openings for traditional W-2 or 1099 employees or internships. You may not advertise multiple job openings in a single posting.
(e) Resume postings must contain the accurate resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, contractual, or internship basis on his or her own behalf.
(f) PolymerOhio is under no obligation to monitor the Documents posted on the Site, but it may monitor Documents at random. Documents found to violate the above Posting Rules may be removed at PolymerOhio’s sole discretion.
14.2 Conduct Rules:
(a) You may not respond to postings by other Users in any manner or for any purpose other than that which is expected (i.e., to apply for the job or to initiate further discussion with the candidate). Communications soliciting the Employer’s business are prohibited.
(b) You may not send unsolicited commercial email to Users.
(c) Protect your password. Your PolymerOhio account and any related Services accessed through such account are to be accessed and used solely by you. Upon your successful registration for a PolymerOhio account, you will be provided with a unique password that will permit you to access the account. You may not provide your password or otherwise permit access to your PolymerOhio account to any third party. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You agree to protect and keep your password confidential, to change your password on a regular basis, and to maintain appropriate and regularly updated malware scanning and cleaning tools on your network and individual computer(s).You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. If others use your password to post inappropriate material on the Site, you risk losing your access to the Site. You agree to notify PolymerOhio immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
(d) Report inappropriate postings or conduct to Feedback.
(e) You may not delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
(f) If at any time PolymerOhio comes to the understanding that you: (i) misled PolymerOhio regarding your business practices and/or services, or (ii) purchased services that do not represent your precise business, PolymerOhio reserves the right to terminate your Agreement.
14.3 Security Rules:
(a) Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation: (i) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”; (iv) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
(b) Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. PolymerOhio will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
15. Copyright Complaints.
15.1 PolymerOhio respects the intellectual property of others. It is PolymerOhio’s policy to respond to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. PolymerOhio will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, PolymerOhio may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. PolymerOhio will terminate access for Users who are repeat infringers.
15.2 Notifying PolymerOhio of Copyright Infringement: To provide PolymerOhio notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of “Trust and Site Security” care of firstname.lastname@example.org that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please also note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
15.3 Providing PolymerOhio with Counter-Notification: If we remove or disable access to content in response to an infringement notice, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content. If you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide PolymerOhio with a counter notification by written communication to the attention of “Trust and Site Security” at email@example.com that sets forth all of the necessary information required by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.